Friday, July 07, 2006

This is me !! What say

"Now listen carefully: Marriage, to me, is not a chain but an association. I must be free, entirely unfettered, in all my actions -my coming and my going; I can tolerate neither control, jealousy, nor criticism as to my conduct. I pledge my word, however, never to compromise the name of the man I marry, nor to render him ridiculous in the eyes of the world. But that man must promise to look upon meas an equal, an ally, and not as an inferior, or as an obedient, submissive wife. My ideas, I know, are not like those of other people, but I shall never change them."
(from Bel Ami, 1885)

Guy de Maupassant

7 Comments:

Blogger Immortal King said...

The onus of marriage is not on one. The age old adage says that they are wheels of the same cart, dosent it say all? Think bout it.. Ams

5:16 PM  
Blogger Goutham said...

Hmmm.. Interesting.. Keep writing.. :)

7:08 PM  
Blogger sreedhar gundappa said...

hmm.... you sound like one of Ayn rand's heroines .. Dominique i guess... :)

2:44 AM  
Blogger Whizkid said...

Well dear....u into bloggin too....not surprisingly, U hav a post on marriage first up :-)..Gud one...an authoritative statement rather :-)

1:42 AM  
Blogger Aseem Rawat said...

Vidyaaaa ! keep writing !

5:01 AM  
Blogger Sid said...

:) you started writin, nice! Well dont just quote stuff... I am utterly anxious to read what u can concoct!

Anyway the topic chimes many bells and the sound from my mind resonates them.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Bourbon Legend said...

whats with the pseudo demonstrative reflective thoughts... they planning to hitch you behind your back?

6:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home